The library’s mission:
Preserving the past. Providing technology and education for a lifetime of learning. Promoting culture and community through literature and the arts.
The Coopersville Area District Library began serving citizens within Polkton Township and the city of Coopersville in 1913. In the 1970s, it became a district library and added both Wright and Chester Townships to its service area. In 1994, the library transitioned to be a governmental authority, levying its own millage at 6/10 mill. In 2015, the community passed a $1.65 million bond millage proposal to renovate and expand the building. Construction began in September 2016 and operations resumed at the Ottawa Street location in May 2017.
The Coopersville Area District Library is one of 42 member libraries within the Lakeland Library Cooperative, which covers eight counties in West Michigan.